Chinese takeaways are causing a stir for their wild responses to customer reviews

Alice Cheung, 50, who tries to answer the majority of reviews for her Oriental Express takeout in Pudsey “personally”, makes no effort in responding to some of the “dumbest” reviews.

Alice Cheung, Owner of Oriental Express

A Chinese takeaway patron has become an internet sensation for her savage responses to disgruntled customers.

In an exchange, the restaurant owner told a dissatisfied customer, “We’re good, but reading stupid minds is not in our skill set. “

Company owner Alice Cheung, 50, who tries to answer the majority of the reviews “personally” goes out of her way when it comes to responding to some of the “dumbest” reviews.

Its Oriental Express restaurant in Pudsey, West Yorks holds a five-star rating on Just Eat and most of its 148 reviews praise the food.

But those who dared to criticize the restaurant faced the boss head-on, Leeds Live Reports.







Most reviews are positive







Alice said: “[Negative] reviews tend to demean business owners and demotivate them, I want to be realistic.

“I think the exam [responses] should be honest and not corporate responses.

“People need to know the truth, especially other people who read reviews. “

She said she tries to give “honest and truthful answers” to “sometimes stupid comments” while also bringing “jokes to the platform.”

And some customers have shared some of the funniest review responses on social media.

A reviewer who claimed the food had been “terrible” was met with a scathing response from the restaurant.

The response was, “You ordered a Vegetarian Munch Box, then called the store to complain that there was no MEAT in it.

“We sent what you ordered and there was nothing wrong with it. The bad review is to cover up your mistake.







She prefers to respond personally to her comments





The response then listed all of the items that had been included in the box, before adding, “Please do not call again.” “

Another reviewer complained that their dish was “totally spoiled” by breaded shrimp that had been mixed into their chicken dish.

In response, the restaurant wrote, “Will you please open your eyes and read the descriptions, you have ordered the ‘Sweet and Sour Special’ which contains king prawns.

“You got what you ordered, so how is it our fault?”

“The food was fresh and perfectly cooked. We are good, but reading stupid minds is not part of our skill.

In response to another customer claiming his delivery was 45 minutes late, the restaurant said: “For the millionth time, stop exaggerating, 10 minutes maximum if he was late and I very much doubt it was. case.”

In response to another person who asked why the restaurant had not adjusted their estimated delivery time on a Saturday night, the response said: “We looked at our crystal ball but it gave no indication of the number. of orders that the public would place on Saturday evening between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.




“Jokes” aside, Alice said the restaurant strives to provide “the highest quality meals” and “takes food very seriously”.

She said: “We are happy with our customers and have regulars who are always happy with our meals.

“95% are positive reviews, the remaining 5% is sometimes our fault for not delivering fast enough, or you can’t please everyone.

“Everyone has different tastes, so no one can be perfect. “

Alice added, “If you’re writing a review, just be honest about the situation.

“If we got it wrong we will respond seriously, otherwise expect some jokes.” “

Joseph P. Harris