Customer Support Manager – Pedestrian Jobs
- Home of the world’s first 365-day trial
- Multi-award winning products from internationally recognized bodies including Good Design, Red Dot and Dezeen.
- A++ customer support team. (Rating of 4.8/5 stars on more than 2000 customer reviews)
Hi, we are Eva! And we’re here to help you fill your home with beautiful, functional and affordable furniture. With our laser focus on design, marketing and customer focus, we want you to join us as we accelerate to become Australia’s leading digital furniture company. More information can be found on our Careers page, but we know you’ll probably check our Instagram to get an idea of who they are (me too).
What is the essential?
As a Customer Support Manager, you’ll lead your team to success by delivering superior customer support to close sales at the right time (selling without selling, if you will). Be responsible for championing our customer-centric plan, managing day-to-day operations and driving efficiency. Reporting directly to and supported by the Co-Founder, you will manage, lead and mentor a medium sized team. Woohoo!
Without further ado, your responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of your team to drive customer satisfaction while balancing business needs and team well-being
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to simplify, streamline, optimize and improve customer experience delivery across all channels.
- Optimize team productivity by leveraging workforce management in addition to training, hiring and developing individuals within the team
- Drive high performance and customer-focused support through role models, regular communication, feedback and recognition
- Create effective customer support procedures, policies, and standards.
- Empower team members to take ownership of the customer experience and achieve business goals in a timely manner.
- Be the point of contact for all escalations, while using this as a learning opportunity to empower team members. If needed, provide assistance and direct correspondence in customer support tickets and phone calls.
- Monthly reports to founders and key stakeholders regarding performance, efficiency and effectiveness based on key metrics, data and customer feedback
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail in everything you touch.
- Proactively engage in learning for the mutual benefit of yourself and Eva
- Previous experience in e-commerce, retail, call centers, FMCG, high growth environment preferred
- Tech-savvy and experience with Zendesk, Shopify and Monday.com
- Excellent leadership skills with a desire to coach and inspire your team, including a ‘hands on’ approach when required.
- Strong internal and external client-facing communication skills
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) with the ability to quickly build rapport and credibility with diverse stakeholder groups
- Passionate about “service” and delivering an exceptional customer service experience and service levels.
- Strong retail, finance and business acumen when solving problems
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently on prioritization and meeting deadlines. Some might say you multitask like a conquering octopus.
- Extremely organized and data and metrics driven. You are naturally curious about what the information tells us and you use it to inform your decisions.
- Experience in performance management will be highly appreciated
Other things we’d like you to mention if you have it:
- Working in a startup environment
- Have special talents, including brewing a great cup of coffee, training a dog, or impersonating Miriam Margolyes’ vocal personality
- Be part of a B Corp, one of eight furniture companies in Australia
- A chance to grow with a growing start-up.
- Support for any course, conference, or training that will help us grow each other, listen, and budget for any crazy (but justifiable) ideas.
- A self-contained work environment where there are never regular “work days”.
- Flexible working – we are proud to say we had WFH before WFH became a thing
- All the coffee/tea/beers/kombucha you need.
- Free birthday mattress and generous discounts for friends/family.
- Monthly team events (previous events have included the Australian Open, cooking classes and escape rooms).
- A diverse culture and a really lovely group of people.
If you managed to read all of this and found yourself nodding your head along the way, we’d love to see your application go through.