Customer Support Specialist – Pedestrian Jobs
- One of Australia’s fastest growing companies.
- Products that have won several awards from internationally renowned organizations including Good Design, Red Dot and Dezeen.
- A ++ customer support team. (4.8 / 5 star rating based on over 2,000 customer reviews)
Hi, we are Eva! And we’re here to help you fill your home with beautiful, functional and affordable furniture. With our laser focus on design, marketing and customer focus, we want you to join us as we accelerate to become Australia’s premier digital furniture company. You will find more information about us on our Careers page.
How is the day-to-day going?
- Be the primary point of contact for customers on a day-to-day basis by resolving customer queries through Zendesk tickets, phone calls, and other channels as needed.
- Ship daily orders, ensure successful delivery and keep customers up to date
- Resolve all customer issues and oversee day-to-day operations across the department, such as organizing returns and refunds and payment cancellations.
- Liaise with freight companies to ensure on-time deliveries and keep customers informed along the way
- Aim to thrill and achieve NPS and CSAT scores above industry standards.
- Using data to improve the Eva customer experience by identifying common pain points for customers from purchase to delivery
- Strive to improve the efficiency of all customer support processes, including identifying improvement processes and implementing automations where necessary
When we talk about customer orientation, we really mean it. We really care about our customers and for you to be successful in this role we need you to really care about them too.
Of course, you’ll be handling all of their face-to-face interactions, from email to chat and phone, but you’ll also have to be the reassuring voice of Eva. Customers really want to learn more about the Eva experience, and you’ll be there with them, helping them through the process and converting them along the way.
Good days can sometimes be like customers sending you happy photos of them with their Eva product; receive the unexpected delusional criticism on your beautiful way over the phone and receive those direct messages wishing you a wonderful day just because you’ve helped them in some way or another. But, there will be days when a victory is not in sight. It’s on days like these that you rely a lot on your years of customer support experience. You will know how to talk to someone like a real person when things are not going well for them or for you. You’ll know how to find a solution before they even realize there might be a problem. And most importantly, you’ll remember to come back to them when you say so, because most of the time, it’s the following that matters most.
While you support clients the best you can, you are also going to be a crucial part of the business as a whole. You will liaise with operations, learn from the product team, or provide important marketing feedback. Being a customer-centric business means you are our point of contact for all customer feedback, which is essential when we want to be one of the best digital furniture companies in Australia.
Of course, you are a sociable person. You can read tone of voice as if it were your native language. Being an entry level position, we would love to help you become Eva’s next voice. All we need from you is the right mindset to learn quickly, think outside the box, and thrive in an extremely rewarding role. Plus, we’re a pretty cool bunch of people.
We would love to have you apply if you …
- Have at least 1 year of e-commerce, call center, logistics or consumer goods retail experience
- You are tech-savvy and have experience using and optimizing Zendesk and Monday
- An ability to multitask like a conquering octopus
- A sense of organization that would make Marie Kondo jealous.
- Calm under pressure and can think on his feet when tackling issues head on. You don’t always have to have the answers, but you know where to find them.
- Naturally find yourself building a relationship with the barista at your local cafe.
- Availability to work on a fixed list that includes a weekend day
- You are data and metrics driven, naturally curious about what information is telling us and use that to inform decisions.
- Ability to work relatively unsupervised
Eva believes in the power of a diverse team and is fully committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive culture. We encourage applicants from all walks of life.
- A chance to grow and have a huge impact with a growing startup.
- A role as adaptable as you are.
- Support for any course, conference or training that will help us grow each other, listen and budget for any crazy (but justifiable) idea.
- An autonomous work environment where there is never a regular “working day”.
- All the coffee / tea / beers / kombucha you need.
- Free birthday mattress and friends / family discounts
- A diverse culture and a bunch of lovely people (our previous events have included the Australian Open, Spanish cooking classes, and escape rooms).