Job as head of customer relations, memberships and sales with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as a person who has received two doses of the Pfizer / Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before starting work. People with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from being vaccinated may request an accommodation.
The purpose of this position is to serve as a front line contact center representative, providing courteous and knowledgeable service to ASHA customers (Members, Consumers and other constituents). The Customer Relations Manager, Membership and Sales Representative operates in a multi-channel environment requiring the ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communication. The incumbent will use good judgment and initiative in marketing ASHA’s programs, products and services and will provide assistance, including disseminating detailed information, answering questions about membership and certification policies and requirements. of ASHA, processing orders for products and journal subscriptions, updating member accounts. , and the processing of product orders.
This position requires a broad organizational knowledge; critical thinking skills; the ability to prioritize assignments; mastery of the use of organizational databases; and in-depth knowledge of all programs, products and services offered by ASHA. The incumbent frequently serves as a liaison between ASHA clients and other National Office staff and must ensure maximum positive experience from every external and internal interaction. As required, the incumbent will also provide hospitality services for the national office.
- To provide a positive experience and professional service to ASHA’s external and internal clients.
- Respond quickly to phone and email contacts and make timely updates and adjustments to member accounts.
- Thoroughly investigate inquiries, use initiative and creativity in troubleshooting and resolving issues, and report service trends to supervisors and the team.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of policies and procedures and a wide range of organizational knowledge to promote ASHA membership and certification, and to provide information on ASHA programs, products and services.
- Use best practices and effective use of the telephone system and other contact center technologies to meet established service levels.
- Process orders and payments for ASHA dues and fees and ASHA products and services, including certification application fees and payments for CE registry and special interest groups; initiate refunds, claims and reimbursement of dues / fees and product and newspaper orders as required.
- Use consultative selling skills and in-depth knowledge of ASHA products and offerings to increase sales and non-membership revenue.
- Provide technical support to help members access online services and content, including webinars, journals, online communities, and online membership renewals.
- Participate in outgoing telephone campaigns.
- Apply knowledge of the functional areas of the association to appropriately direct inquiries within the national office as required.
- May include travel to attend ASHA annual conventions.
Knowledge generally acquired by:
- Obtaining a bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience, and
- 2 or more years of customer service experience,
- 2 years or more of experience in data entry / order processing,
- 1 or more years of product sales.
Scope and depth of technical skills / knowledge:
- Intermediate to advanced experience with IT functions including Microsoft Office applications and CRM databases. Skills acquired through experience in email management, website navigation and intranet.
Scope and depth of non-technical skills / knowledge:
- Communicate clearly and effectively by phone, email, web chat, and TTY
- Independently organize and maintain reference information
- Demonstrate maturity, judgment, tact and diplomacy when interacting with clients
- Have a proven track record of reliability
- Possess critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks